Gas Safety Certificates

Your responsibilities as a landlord

According to the HSE, as a landlord, you are responsible for the safety of your tenants. The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 deals with landlords' duties to make sure gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for tenants are safe.

You are responsible for the maintenance and repair of flues, appliances and pipe work which you own and have provided for your tenants use by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

You are also responsible for ensuring an annual gas safety check is carried out within 12 months of the installation of a new appliance or flue which you provide and annually thereafter by a Gas Safe Registered engineer. You must keep a record of the safety check for 2 years and issue a copy to each existing tenant within 28 days of the check being completed and issue a copy to any new tenants before they move in.

Complete Gas Safety Certificate Service

    G.A.S offers a complete Landlord gas safety certificate service. For the boiler and other gas appliances our Gas Safe registered engineers will check:
  • That all are on the right setting and burning correctly with the correct operating pressure
  • Harmful gases are being removed from the appliance safely to the air outside
  • That any ventilation routes are clear and working properly
  • All the safety devices are working

A copy of the certificate can be sent to both the Landlord and Tenant for complete peace-of-mind and our offices will also hold a copy until the renewal is due.

As part of our expert and friendly service our office will automatically send out, free-of-charge, a reminder card to ensure the check is never forgotten.

To arrange your check, contact us today on 0800 542 8046 / 01582 568221.

G.A.S. has worked with us for a number of years now. We have always found them to professional and efficient....

G.M - Corporate Client
View all